Dôme respects and upholds your right to privacy protection under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and any similar state or territory legislation applicable to Dôme ’s operations.
This policy describes how Dôme (and its related entities) manage any personal information about you that it (and its related entities) may collect and hold.
2. What kinds of personal information about me does Dôme collect and hold?
Dôme (and its related entities) may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about you:
- name, address, telephone number and email address;
- transaction details associated with your purchases from Dôme including credit card details;
- any information you provided to Dôme through loyalty programs or customer surveys;
- details of your use of Dôme ’s website including your server address, domain name, type of browser, date and time of your visit and pages accessed;
- any additional information provided to Dôme, its related entities and/or its service and/or support centre.
3. How does Dôme collect and hold personal information about me?
Dôme (and its related entities) may collect personal information about you when:
- you purchase goods and services from Dôme (or its related entities)
- you contact Dôme (or its related entities) with an enquiry
- you submit an employment, supplier, franchise or licence application, through Dôme ’s website or social media platform
- you enter a competition or other promotion
- you join a loyalty program or our mailing list or complete a customer survey
- you acquire or redeem a gift card
- you have any similar dealings with Dôme (or its related entities).
Dôme may hold personal information about you electronically and in hard copy records.
Dôme takes all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify personal information that it no longer needs and is not required by law to retain.
Dôme takes all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect personal information that it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
4. For what purposes does Dôme collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about me?
Dôme may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing goods and services to you
- to communicate promotional offers and special events
- for Dôme’s internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements
- to assist with any calls you make to Dôme or its service and/or support centre
- for any purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your personal information.
Dôme will not disclose personal information about you to any person except on a confidential basis to agents, advisers and suppliers that Dôme uses in the ordinary operation of Dôme’s business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing or as required by law.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from Dôme (other than as required for the operation of Dôme’s business, e.g. regarding payment of your account) by emailing Dôme at firstname.lastname@example.org
If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to Dôme then you must ensure that that person has read and understood this policy and separately consents to that personal information being collected and held by Dôme for the above purposes.
5. How can I access and/or seek the correction of personal information about me that Dôme holds?
You may request access to personal information Dôme holds about you by writing to Dôme’s Privacy Officer at the address below. Where Dôme holds information that you are entitled to access, Dôme will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (eg. emailing or mailing it to you).
If you believe that personal information Dôme holds about you is incorrect, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant, misleading or inaccurate, then you may request that Dôme correct it. If Dôme is satisfied that the information requires correction, it will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct such information having regard to the purpose for which the information is held. If requested by you, Dôme will also notify any other entity that Dôme has disclosed that information to, that the information has been corrected. If Dôme refuses to correct the information as requested by you, then Dôme will give you a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent that it would be unreasonable to do so), the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal and any other matter proscribed by the Privacy Act.
6. How can I complain about a breach of the Privacy Act and how will Dôme deal with such a complaint?
If you consider that Dôme has breached the Privacy Act, you may complain to Dôme by writing to Dôme’s Privacy Officer at the address below within 6 months of the date of the alleged breach. You must specify full details of the alleged breach. Dôme’s Privacy Officer will investigate the complaint and advise you in writing of the outcome of the investigation within 60 days of receipt of the complaint. If Dôme has breached the Privacy Act, it will endeavour to rectify the breach in an appropriate manner.
7. Is Dôme likely to disclose personal information about me to overseas recipients? If so, which countries are those recipients likely to be located in?
Dôme is not likely to disclose personal information about you to any overseas recipients.
(a) In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
(b) References to Dôme are to Dôme Coffees Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 009 452 760).
(c) Any questions or complaints about this policy or the management of any personal information about you by Dôme should be made in writing to the address below. Dôme’s contact details are:
Dôme Coffees Australia
219-221 Railway Parade
MAYLANDS WA 6051
+618 9386 3099
(d) This policy represents Dôme’s policy as at 28th February 2017. Dôme may change this policy from time to time by updating the policy that appears on this website.